Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blogging challenged

Since I have been a little blogging challenged for the first year of my blog, when I saw my friend Jenna was doing a blogging challenge, I decided this may be just what I need! She linked with another Jenna for the challenge so I have decided to do the same! I am a day behind so I am going to combine days one and two here!

Day 1: Tell us about you!

My name is Shannon. I am 26 years old and live in a very small town of 200 people in northwest Iowa about 45 minutes from Omaha, Nebraska. I currently work in Omaha, so I am not completely sheltered from the world in my little town. I was born and raised in a small Iowa town as well, and it is a lifestyle I have come to appreciate after living in Omaha for 7 years. I met my boyfriend of 3 years in Omaha, and we decided to move to his home town, where we just bought our house, to get out of the city and closer to his family, since mine lives 3 hours away. He has a little boy named Brayden who we get the pleasure of staying with us every weekend. He is 6 years old and so incredibly smart and grown up! Being a "step-mom" may be one of the hardest things I've ever done, but he makes it so worth it. I love him with all my heart. Here is our little family!


I also can't forget Carleigh! She is our 3 year old cat. She can be a little stinker sometimes, but she can also be the source of a lot of entertainment.


Day 1: Tell us about your blog!

I started this blog when I was just turning 25. For some reason, 25 was really hard for me. I call it my pre-life crisis. I thought that blogging would be a good way for me to document the things happening in my life and a good reflection back on what I have accomplished. I pretty much failed at blogging for the first year as I just turned 26. However, I really want to get back into it and have just started up again. That is one of the reasons I chose to do this challenge because I hope that it will get me interested and involved again. This blog is primarily about my life, random thoughts I have, and I hope it will be a place where I can share the crafts and crocheting projects I do. I love pinterest and have been trying a lot of things on there and would love to share them here as well. We also just bought a new house which we completely gutted and re-did. It is still a work in progress, but I am going to show our progress as well. I guess I am a DIY kind of gal. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to get to know lots of people through here!

12 comments:

  1. I have a pic of my cat in the sink too. Crazy Kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She LOVES water. She won't drink out of her bowl because she prefers directly from the sink. They are pretty crazy. =)

      Delete
  2. See?! This is exactly what you needed! ;) Did you add your link to Jenna's Journey list on her blogpost from yesterday so others will stop over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Jenna's! Love your blog! I am a big DIY person myself so I look forward to seeing some of your DIY projects. Your cat is too cute just sitting there in the sink. Mine do that as well sometimes, haha! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I love your wallpaper! HAAHAA! Your family is beautiful and trust me life gets better the older you get! I'll be 34 this year and I remember crying all day when I turned 30!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Jenna's...HAHAHA My cat Paris used to do the same thing in the sink...that picture mad me miss him so much!!! Cute Blog!!

    XOXO
    KarmaKristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-) I love your cat in the sink - that is the best thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the challenge as well. I just turned 30 and found it incredibly hard....eek!!! :)

    Dana, www.masteringmommybrain.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping over from Jenna's Challenge!

    25 was hard for me too. But, here I sit now, 31 years old, and wondering why I was freaking out about it so bad! :) I also had cats for quite some time. I wound up adopting them out to co-workers for various reasons, and it really hurt me to do so. I miss their snuggles, and all of the crazy antics! I don't, however...miss the hair! lol

    You have a beautiful family, and I look forward to seeing more of your blog this week!
    God bless!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the commenting challenge. I love the cat in the sink! I have a cat who loves sinks, baths, and water and it just cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey There! I'm visiting from the Comment Challenge! I totally get what you are saying about 25 being hard. I literally had a mental breakdown about a month after my birthday! Thankfully 26 was a lot better! Your blog is cute! Glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete