Monday, June 13, 2011

Chapter 25

Well I did it! It wasn't something that I was really working towards or even looking forward too, but nonetheless, it happened. I turned 25. Half way to 50. Quarter of a century. Half way done with my 20's. Yes, I heard it all this weekend. Despite the jokes (and fears) of getting older, I did have a wonderful birthday. I am blessed with so many amazing friends and family and loved being able to celebrate with a few of them.

I definitely struggled with 25 this year. I'm not sure if it's because I remember growing up every year with my mom despising her own birthday and getting older, or if I truely am scared of getting older. Not scared of getting old. Age really is just a number that is obviously inevitable to happen every year. I think I am more scared of time passing too quickly and not accomplishing everything I thought I would...or think I should. Life is so short! I have so much to do! I have so much to see! So much to experience!

I am sure that 25 will bring great adventures and experiences to my life, and that's what I'm hoping for! Maybe then I will feel more at ease and possibly even prepared for 26! But let's not go that far just yet.

I decided after this "life event" and the blogging trend, to try this out and see how the story unfolds. It's been a good one so far and I can't wait to see what happens next!

3 comments:

  1. I struggled with turning 25, too. It is exactly that fear that I won't have time to do all I want to do and think I should do.

    But, there are people who encourage me that age will not stop me from doing what I want to do. My aunt is 50 or 51 and a foster mom to a little one-year-old. Ryan's grandma is in her late 70's and just got back from a trip helping flood victims.

    I'll look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Shannon! I can't wait to read all about new and exciting things that are going on. I can't wait to see you. I'll be back in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, Shannon...so I figured out how to fix the commenting thing. I looked around in the Help Forums and found they are having problems with this. When you go to post and it asks you to log in (well, first clear your cookies - if you know how) make sure "Keep me signed in" is NOT checked. Then it should work and have "Comment as: Jenna (Google)" (for example) as an option. :)

    ReplyDelete